GDPR One Year Later: Regulation vs. Reality
June 11, 2019 | 10AM EDT / 3PM BST
Few laws have had greater reach than the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, which went into effect last May. Any business that collects the data of EU citizens must comply, and in today’s digital world that includes virtually any multinational organisation, whether or not it has a physical presence in an EU country.
Most organisations have implemented GDPR-related policies and procedures, often at considerable expense. After one year of enforcement, now is a good time to assess how authorities are actually enforcing the law and how their enforcement practices may change now that companies have had time to adjust to GDPR requirements.
During this webinar our experts will discuss:
- The key terms and concepts of the GDPR
- New compliance measures businesses are adopting to comply with the GDPR, and how these measures may affect your operations
- How regulators are policing the GDPR
- Changes to the GDPR since its implementation
- What the future holds for the GDPR and data protection, including the impact of Brexit and new data-protection laws on the horizon