Taking Control of Your International Operations
November 14, 2019 | 1PM ET / 6PM GMT
As a multinational business expands it becomes more complex and difficult to manage. Whether your organization has grown organically and/or through acquisition, just keeping track of your legal entities can become challenging, to say nothing of understanding why they were established and if you still need them.
Just as important is understanding and fulfilling your compliance obligations in all your countries of operation. Each entity will have its own set of local corporate filing deadlines, director requirements, bank account considerations and more. Even if you eventually get control over these obligations, one or more of your countries of operation will change an existing regulation or add a new one, leaving you scrambling to comply.
In this webinar, our presenters will describe some common pain points for our clients — from understanding company director requirements to keeping up with corporate tax filings — and clarify them with engaging client case studies. We’ll also give you tips on how to develop a sound internal governance structure to support your international activities, so you ensure all your entities are accounted for and necessary, and that you get and stay compliant in all your countries of operation. Here are the topics we’ll cover:
- Global trends in compliance, such as ultimate beneficial owner (UBO) requirements
- Company secretary and director considerations and surprises
- Common pitfalls of compliance filings and how to avoid them
- Conducting an organizational health check, including the value of regularly reviewing your legal entities
- Why winding down operations is more challenging than you think
- Developing policies and processes to remain compliant and efficient